Monday, April 2, 2012

Feel Better

I made this for the My Favorite Things weekly sketch challenge. This is an a la mode, The rainbow will come. She is so cute and I love the Die-namic umbrella and stamp collection from the same release. So cute together. I used Jillibean Soup Southern chicken Dumpling Soup designer paper with Echo Park Dots and Stripes. I colored with copics and paper pierced the umbrella's. Again, I colored the S.U. pearls with my Copic marker.

But now more importantly, I airbrushed the sky again! I cannot get enough of this new toy, lol. It's like so easy with BIG results. I love sponging too but I really like the even color with airbrushing. I need to get into some more airbrushing classes soon, lol.

Jeep and I are off this week enjoying our Easter Vacation. Last Christmas break was the first time he was able to stay home and it has really been such a blessing for him to be able to kick back at home and not be institutionalized every time there is a school break. He is even starting to ask if I am planning on taking any time off during the summer, lol. Poor guy. This is our Staycation and we so love staying home, playing with our toys, eating when we want, watching too much T.V. (and too much computer time for me). But isn't that really what a vacation is all about? I know, I'm such a child. lol.

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such a delightful card! Love those bright colors and the double umbrella is a great idea.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Glad you are enjoying time with your boy, Holly. :) We all deserve that once in a while at the very least!

Your airbrushed sky is so cool! I don't have that toy. Sounds like you are enjoying it to the hilt.

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sky and your colors are so pretty!

Karen Motz said...

Ooh this is too cute! Love that polka dot umbrella!!

Unknown said...

Anything with an umbrella, sign me up! I love umbrellas! But I rarely use one in real life, ha!