Saturday, April 7, 2012

Growing Love

I love these little Lily of the Valley images!  Isn't that the cutest couple?  (by this, I'm referring to the image, lol.)  I love the little clothes and the scenes these stamps come in.   I had to surf the web a little to find some pictures with vintage colors and try to incorporate those into my copic colors for this image.  Some of these colors, like the olives, I have never used before.  So this was fun and challenging at the same time.  I am entering this in a few challenges I found.

1. Lili's Little Fairies Challenge - Ribbons and Bows.  This seam binding ribbon turned out to be the exact color I needed.  It was a gift from my Splitcoast Friend Linda, AKA Morningsun47.  I'm also going to enter into the Lili's guest designer contest.  Crossing my fingers.

2. Glitz April Blog Challenge - Spring is in the air.  This image is definitely Spring, it's called Growing Love and I've added a few Spring time roses.   The paper I used is Glitz - pretty in pink. 

3. Bloggers Challenge Friday - To Die For - using your dies.  I used my MFT's roses die-namics and also my new Spellbinders - bitty blossoms (center/main flower). I also used MFT's doily die. 

4. Fashionista Challenge - Anything goes for girls.  Well, girls love vintage paper, being in love, and pretty flowers, beautiful ribbon, so I think this qualifies.

5. MFTWSC4 - I used the sketch from My Favorite Things.  I am still catching up on last years sketches I missed out on. 

8 comments:

Laine said...

This image is one of my all time favourites. Your use of colour is fabulous, it all works so well. I love it.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionista. Good luck with the Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Laine
X

Suzie's Card Den said...

I love LOTV images, beautifully coloured and the layout is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Such a sweet image, wonderful coloring and design! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous card Holly! :) I agree, these images are lovely, and you have coloured this so well!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Delphine said...

Another gorgeous card, Holly! Adorable image and I love your layout, very elegant! Hugs Delphine xx

~Tammy~ said...

This is so cute! Love the image!

Unknown said...

So darling! My favorite colors together: rose, olive, brocade-ish blue, krafty brown....LOVE!

Teresa said...

What a beauty, I love this card and I love LOTV's
Teresa xx