Thursday, July 30, 2020

Ho Ho Ho

MFT - Grand Holiday Greetings
Copic Markers
Mini Action Wobbler

Hi Friends,

I love these cute Santa's from My Favorite Things in the Jingle all the way stamp set. Recently I saw one of Jennifer McGuire's youtube video's where she showed making a negative with the cut out dies in a dark color in order to inlay a white cut out to get a perfect center for the stamped image. OMG, how great is that!? I have not been able to center a stamped image with solid backed die-cuts to save my life.....until today! And I've been stamping and die-cutting for a long time! The other solution is to purchase a Scan-n-Cut from Brother....which is on my wish list. 

I also cut a stamp for like the very first time, lol. I was debating this harshly because these Grand Holiday Greetings are retired and if I messed this up, it would be the end of my stamps with no way to buy more (unless I found them used somewhere). But I threw all caution to the wind and I am glad I did. 

I am entering this card in the MFT sketch challenge for this week. And I did take some liberties with this sketch. 


I'm also entering the Build Your Stash Holiday Hop.  I'm super excited to be able to enter again. 


I actually made two cards this evening. While rummaging through my stamps, I came across these Grand Holiday Greetings that I used on another card and this sentiment in the set gave me the idea to make this one as well. 

I hope you are well and stay safe!

Holly 


4 comments:

Claire said...

Fabulous colouring. I love this card
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Vannessa Osbourn said...

I love wobble cards and your Santa is perfect for one! Such a great card!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Great design! Darling card!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Adorable card, Holly! That is such a cute Santa... awesome CAS card!