Thursday, July 16, 2020

Quarantine Baby


Hello Stampy Friends,

I am so behind on my blogging! I'll have to work backwards with the few cards I have made lately. I got this Pink Fresh Studios Slim Braided die cut in the mail today and I had to make a card right away. Yeah me! I usually have great intentions and then it sits in my stash....but not today! I also got these stamps in the mail this week, The Ink Road Stamps Quarantine Baby. I used My Favorite Things circle dies to cut out the brown - perfect match with this die. I colored Yoda up with Copic Markers. I embossed the sentiment with Embossing Powder called Watering Can (can't read the maker on this bottle and it's been too long....lol) I think it's a Ranger. The paper is from My Favorite Things as well. The bling is Candi Dots Called Metallique Bronze.

It's my Birthday month so I have picked up a few things for myself, lol. Slim line cards are all the rage and I had to have a few things right? Plus the other stuff, lol.

How is everyone doing in this Pandemic? Lots of political noise on both sides. I find myself putting something on Netflix and trying to create. It's my escape. I go to work every day during the week at the hospital and I am acutely aware of everything I touch, how close someone is standing to me, and my surroundings the whole time I am there. I have seen the hospital beds fill up with Covid patients and today we went to our phase one surge plan. San Diego and L.A. have literally had to ship patients out of county to other hospitals, but in our county, we are out of beds and overflowing ourselves. I watch the public health department website each day with the new numbers and the death toll is rising. Then I come home to my family and shut the door. We are sheltering in place no matter who says what until there is a vaccine or until we actually do catch it and pass it around. The city high school district finally had a decision meeting and the decision is to home school for the first quarter. I breathed a sigh of relief. I don't think I'm so much living in fear, as I am being cautious. I've seen the young people die and I just can't see risking it.

So baby Yoda is the perfect fit for what we are going through this year. I don't know about you, but I will be glad to have this chapter in our lives come to an end.


Be safe!

Holly

No comments: