Saturday, July 18, 2020

Under the Sea

I Brake for Stamps - Fish Stamps
Whale of a Time - Paper
Copic Markers 
BG57
BG53
YR68
YR 65
TY23
C8


Hi Friends,

I saw a card similar to this on Facebook, made by Ramona Simpson. After a google search, I found some Angel Fish stamps made by I brake for Stamps. They have a huge selection of stamps and I will be returning there soon. They shipped super fast. I only needed to wait for my paper, Whale of a time, from Stampin Up. Then I had to wait for a weekend, lol.  So today I searched around Youtube and came across a tutorial for a Tricard Shutter Fold Cardbase.  I have to tell you, it looks more complicated than it is. Super easy and fun. I stamped the fish onto the designer paper and also onto my Copic Marker Paper - Xpress It. I colored the fish with my Copic markers, fussy cut them and then glued them onto the stamped images of the designer paper. It's a great trick to make sure all of your black outline shows up. I added some bling in my stash to resemble bubbles.

This card was a request by my husband. His friend who passed away recently has a daughter who has down syndrome and is also fighting Lymphoma. Her nickname is Angel Fish, so he wanted me to make an Angel Fish card for her so he could send her the card. I hope everyone who sees this post will send a prayer for Angel Fish to help her through her struggles.

Well, I had everything out right? And since I was not sure about the I brake for stamps images, I was able to get my hands on a Seaside Shore Stampin Up set that recently retired. Why I didn't buy it when it was available, I'll never know. But to be honest with you, I did not see the potential of these images until it was too late. This is not the first time I have scrambled to find a newly retired Stampin Up set, lol.

Whale Done - Stampin Up
Whale of a Time - Paper
Seaside Shore - Stampin Up (retired)
Copic Markers - same as above
Whale Punch - Stampin Up

The whale punch cuts out the whales in the designer paper! OMG, I love that! So the measurements for this Trifold card is 5 1/2 X 12. Score at 2, 4, 8, 10 inches. With a paper trimmer,  1 & 1/2 inches down, cut from the two inch score to the ten inch score. Flip the card over and do the same on the opposite side. Fold the top and bottom in a hill and valley fashion and the middle is folded in the opposite direction. See it's easy! The measurements for the two outsides are 2 X 4, so I cut the designer paper just a little smaller. The little blocks 1 & 1/2 X 2, cut the designer paper a little smaller. The center is 1&1/2 X 4 and 2 1/2 X 4. 

So this is how I spent my day, lol. It was fun. 

I hope you stay safe, and thank you for looking in on me, 

Holly 



No comments: