Saturday, September 5, 2020

Hello Friend





Your next Stamp - Happy Gnomies
Spellbinder Heart Die
Copic Markers



Hi Friends,

I can't resist a cute Gnome stamp set! I just got these adorable Gnomes from Your Next Stamp, called Happy Gnomies. I couldn't resist making a set of note cards with all these images. These are 3X3 notecards. I used my Spellbinders nested heart die (that I have had forever and use quite a bit) to cut out the top portion of these cards. Then I cut a smaller panel to place behind the cut out hearts. On the panels I sponged Memento Cantalope and Memento Tangelo. Then I adhered these behind the front panel with glue. I colored up the adorable Gnomes and fussy cut them out. I had to restamp two of the Gnomes onto the card fronts, the one with balloons and the one with flowers. Then I just glued the fussy cut images over the outlines. Except for the spray of flowers, I just colored them on top of the sponged top. That's the beauty of using Memento for sponging, they are Copic friendly.

Today was a Murphy Law day, every card has a smudge of some sort. Thanks to my white jelly roll pens, I was able to blot out most of the smudges. Even the magnet in my Misti had a little ink on it and smudged the inside of a heart, lol. I decided these were minor and not worth starting over.

Such a great day to stay home and relax. It's 105 outside and tomorrow is going to be 109. But I'm grateful it's not the 111 that they predicted earlier. It is going to be another California heat wave. I do hope we don't lose electricity this weekend with rolling blackouts. Crossing my fingers. In the mean time, I am enjoying being home.

I'm entering this set in the Your Next Stamp challenge - Keep it Simple
I'm also entering in Danni's facebook challenge to make a square card.

I hope you stay well and happy,

Holly

No comments: