Monday, March 11, 2013

Play Ball






Hello and welcome to another Challenge over at Sparkle Creations Rubberstamps.  This time we have a fabulous sketch challenge.  I hope you will grab your favorite Sparkle Creations stamp and join along in the fun!  I am using Baseball Oliver and he comes with the sentiment - play ball.  (Oh and he is also on sale!) I colored him up with my copic markers and use my airbrush for the background coloring. 

I don't know about you but I am forever searching for a cute boy image to use on cards for my son's friends and for future scrap booking for my son and grandson.  But if you are like me, you will not want to miss the New Release coming later this week....shhhh, that's all I'm going to say about that, lol. 

Speaking of my youngest son, you are not going to believe this.  I came home from work Thursday night after a long week at work and I asked him how his day was.  He told me, oh you know, it was 50/50.  So I sat down and asked him what happened at school.  He told me he tried to glue his cheek to the seat.  I said, "You did WHAT?"  He said, "I tried to glue my cheek to the seat."  So I asked, "Why?"  He said, "I dunno."  He just basically thought it was a good idea at the time and wanted to see if he could do it.  Thankfully they were using paste.  So me being the ex ER nurse that I am, launched into this whole case scenario where the fire department would have to come in and break up the chair until all that was left was the piece that was stuck to his face.  Then I went on to say he would have to go to the ER and get an IV started so they could take him to surgery to remove the seat and then there would be the skin grafting and staying in all summer to avoid light exposure to his face.  lol.  You would not believe how wide those big brown eyes can get, lol.  But I think I might have gotten through to him after all that. lol.

I hope your week is going well and that you can join us.

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments.

Holly

P.S. - head on over to see how my team mates used this fabulous sketch as well.


4 comments:

Shelby said...

Every good health care worker mother scares the hell out of their children! It's the only right thing to do:)
Love this sweet boy card and your take on the layout is wonderful.

Shelby

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Holly. I love the cute image and such fabulous colours.
I hope you have a good week
Hugs Sue

Unknown said...

Skin grafting, bwahahahaha! Your stories are too funny. Love the card, as always!!!

Tress said...

Oh Holly, your story about your son truly made me laugh out loud! Any of with boys have similar stories! Mine involves a campfire and a gas can. Thankfully he only ended up with singed eyebrows. Image my panic when I saw a fireball fly up past my second story bedroom window. Needless to say, no more backyard campouts with his buddies that involved flames of any sort. Btw, your card is just right for a young man!