Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Red, White, and Blue - Challenge 58


 
 

 
New Year Marci - La La Land Crafts

Hi Friends and Stampers,

Today is a new Challenge day over at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog.  Our theme this week is Red, White, and Blue!  Just in time for the 4th of July!!! 

I'm using Jen's Deconstructed Sketch No 106 and entering in the La La Land Facebook contest #16 - Red, White, and Blue! 

I love coloring Marci up, she is so adorable, no matter what she wears or what she is doing.  I thought her little sparkler was perfect for this challenge theme.  I did dab a little Glitter Glaze on her shoes and the sparkler and they do shine up very nicely in real life, but not on camera, lol.   I had this red garland on my desk since before Christmas and thought it was the perfect touch for this card instead of using traditional ribbon.  I don't usually make cards this big, lol,  but I did not want to cut the paper border, so a 6X6 is what it is. 

Thanks so much for Looking and for your Kind Comments.

Holly

13 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely fabulous Holly!! Loving the colours and your colouring is gorgeous!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Holly. I love the cute image, wonderful colouring and beautiful papers too.
Sue xx

Tracy said...

Sparklers, stars and some fun trim too. She's definitely in a patriotic mood. :-) Super cute card. Hugs!

Marcy said...

This card is so adorable! Love the Marci image and your coloring is beautiful. Love the red trim too.

Tress said...

So cute! Lovin' the red, white, and blue!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Lori Aragon said...

What a fabulous design Holly! Soooo cute :)

Laura Love said...

This is the cutest! I love the little sparkler and the tinsel is the perfect touch! Awesome Designer paper and I love the natural frame it makes! Too adorable!

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is sooooo cute! Love the whole festive vibe!:)

wannabcre8tive said...

Fabulous card and awesome coloring.

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Holly! You really brought her to life! Love the patriotic theme!

Athina said...

She is simply adorable! Great pleats!

Ellen Taylor said...

Wonderful coloring and papers!I agree great pleats!!!!!