Saturday, September 26, 2015

Forced to take a Scrappy Break

Hi Friends,

"Go to College they said...it will be good they said."  But no one told me I would completely have to give everything up in life and immerse myself completely, lol.  Wow, this is only the end of week two and I have lost more sleep than I can tell you.  Burning the midnight oil for this paper or that reading or this assignment or that.  And every day the instructor adds two more things.  So just when I think I have a handle on things, bam, I'm late again.

I am in an accelerated (not a joke either) RN to BSN program.  No longer is 22 years of nursing experience and two certifications later enough.   The good news is that each class is only five weeks long.  I am sure once I get used to things and do not have to take a tutorial for this and a tutorial for that, things will go much quicker.  I also need to let go of the perfectionist thing too.  I agonized over the first paper.  I just turned it in at 12:21, now it's one a.m. and yes, I have to be up in four hours, lol.  I'm getting used to the sleep deprivation or I am just delirious.  lol.  It does feel good to hand in that first big project.

I just wanted to say to you all and let you know I miss coming to your blogs, but I will be coming around again soon.  I might have to miss this years Fall Coffee Blog but I will try to squeeze in some time soon for that if I can.

Thanks for checking in.....three more weeks to go!

Holly

8 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wishing you all the best! Sounds tough but it will be worth it in the end! You can always come back to your blog afterwards! We'll still be here!

Nancy Thomas said...

Good luck with your studies Holly and come back to us when you can.

Brenda in IN said...

"They are probably right, once you get through it!" Good for you. I think you will get used to missing some sleep and part of your life but the end result will be worth it. I'm proud of you.

Donna said...

Just stopping in to say hi, hope all is going well! Miss you and your lovely creations. Donna

reclaimed wood dining table said...

I'm proud of you! I wish you all the best!

reclaimed wood dining table uk said...

We'll still be here. Good luck with your studies!

reclaimed dining table said...

Wishing you all the best! How's everything? I hope all is well.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Thinking of you Holly. Hope it all comes together and you feel on top of things soon. I know how hard it can be and don't envy you one little bit! But I am rooting for you and believing for a successful close to all this extra training. Big hugs, Wends x