Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Tuesday Challenge!


This is the House of Turquoise and it is our photo inspiration Challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!  You have one week to play and upload your card.  Did you know that you can upload from SplitcoastStampers or any other site you belong to?  You do not need to have a blog to join in the fun.  From SplitCoastStampers, simply click on your card, so that it's the only card showing, and then right click the web address in the left hand corner and "copy" .  From there go to Loves Rubberstamps challenge and click to enter.  You will then "paste" in the URL line.  So easy and so worth it!  A gift voucher to LovesRubberstamps is so AWESOME!  Laura carries so many different stamp companies that before you know it, you will have gotten to the FREE shipping minimum and still be wanting to shop, lol. 



This is my take on the photo challenge.  I went with the colors that jumped out at me.   I used Stamping Bella's Little Peeps Flower Vase, Laura carries her Little Peeps over HERE.  I love them ALL!!!  I've always been attracted to miniature things and the little Peeps make me so happy!  I love when paper matches a challenge.  Makes it so easy to play along.  Today I am using MME Indie Chic - Citron.  From there, I take the papers I want to use and match my Copics from my color chart.  I stamped the image directly onto the designer paper and then onto some Crafter's Companion white paper and colored both on the designer paper and the Crafter's Companion paper.  Then I cut out and pasted or paper pierced part of the image onto the designer paper.  The sketch is from MFT's sketch challenge for last year, MFTWSC38.  I'm still catching up, lol.  I used S.U. pearls and colored them with my copics for the rikrak border and the flowers.

Now head on over to Loves Rubberstamps and take a look at the Challenge Blog.  I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations based on the photo inspiration.

Thanks for Looking and for you kind Comments!

Holly

9 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

what a lovely take on the photo. totally awesome those colours on your card

Laura Love said...

This is sooo cute Holly! Awesome take on the inspiration photo :)

Theresa said...

I love chervon! What a great card :)

Jacqueline Smith said...

What an awesome card Holly!I love the paper that you used!

Danni said...

You really did a great job matching the inspiration photo! What a great card! Love the little peep by her flowers!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Great interpretation of the inspiration photo!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

It is easy to play with inspirational color challenges when the papers match perfectly!!! Your image is colored beautiful.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Holly!! Love the chevron pattern. Congrats on the ATS team...can't wait to work with you!!

Shelby said...

Too stinkin cute! Love the use of the chevron patterns.

Shelby