Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pebbles




I know, I know, you've seen this one before.  It's one of my fav's! lol.  She just reminds me of Pebbles from the Flinstones and I have to tell you, I have watched a lot of Flinstones in my life, lol.   I think every girls favorite was Pebbles.  She was so adorable and so is this little P.I. called Prehistoric Girl.  Love, Love her.  

So I saw this sketch for this month and immediately thought of Jodi's card using this image with the caves.  I was so obsessed with the thought of making my own cave, that I was really thinking I was not going to do this.  But yesterday, after work, I went to the LSS to reward myself, (for working you know!)  And they had Crate Paper 6X6 pads called, "On Trend."  And I was looking through this yummy paper and saw both kinds of animal print and I thought, "It's a sign."  So of course I had to buy it.  But still, I was not convinced I would do this, until my latest shipment from Loves Rubberstamps came in yesterday.  Yep, right after I bought that yummy paper, I came home to find the Rounded Banner Die-namics!  So then this was this, and that was that and I became too tired to even think about designing this.  "Oh well", I thought.  And today after work I realized that the deadline is actually tomorrow!   So, being the good Mom and Wife that I am, I totally ignored the guys and got busy on this card!!! lol.  Disclaimer - no DH or DS was neglected during the making of this card, they just got home from camping and all they wanted to do was watch TV and veg!!!  lol.

I also used a Die-namic Palooza on this one: Rounded Banner Stax, Harlequin Border, Halloween Charms (bone), Layered Rose, Vine-border, leafy flourish
I colored her with my Copic Markers: E0000, E000, E00, E21, E93, E37, E35, E33, E31, E40.  And sponged with whatever dark color is left over on my sponge, lol.  Added some brads and Viola, one challenge card done!

Thanks so much for Looking and your kind Comments!

Holly

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Super cute, Holly! I love this paper! As always, your coloring is fabulous!

Shelby said...

This is a really cool looking card! Looks like she is coming out of a cave! love it

Shelby

Sue said...

Awwww she is adorable, she reminds me of Pebbles too. I love those papers and detailing too.

hugs Sue

Unknown said...

Love the arch thing going on. She is a-door-bell! ;)

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Holly! What an adorable card!!

Katie Skiff said...

Oh funny - I love the cave!! That is cute!! Great job on the card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable Holly! Great job coloring the sweet PI image and I love the pretty flowers! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Marcy said...

Awwww...so precious! Adorable card! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ha! She is TOO cute, Holly! I also watched lots of Flintstones, and yes, Pebbles was my fave too. :) Brings back memories.