Sunday, October 11, 2020

Cruising By.....

 

MFT Better together stamps and die cuts
MFT On the Road die
MFT Carpool die
MFT retired - You move me
Copic Markers

Hi Friends,

Well, I did it again. I was sitting here watching football and I knew I wanted to use my carpool kit again with the on the road die that came in and all the sudden, it was this weeks sketch all over again, lol. 


So I thought, what the heck, and just went with it. I'm not even sure there is a limit on how many you can enter, but I'm just going to roll with it. 

Honestly, I do love a good sketch and I have been in a card making move for the past few weeks, so I'll make them even if I can no longer enter. 

I've also been doing a slow reorganization. It's kinda like starting to clean up the playroom and then finding toys you want to play with, lol. A friend of mine told me years ago that I should just throw away my scraps of paper because I would never use them. I had all the "like" colors together with a paper clipper. Over the years I have pulled them out to use them, but to be honest, those papers came out of their clippers and it was like going through the whole craft bin just to find a color I wanted. But then I was watching a Jennifer McGuirre video and she keeps her paper in these Office Depot Job-ticket non-glare, Super Heavy Weight Pockets and so I bought some and reorganized all those papers. Now it is so easy to pull out these pockets and go through the scraps. I  have hardly had to use any new paper. The other thing she does is keep paper cut for fold over cards and fold sideways cards. She takes hers to Kinko's, but I sat here one afternoon and cut up 100 and then cut up another 50 to have the 4.24 X 5.5 white paper already cut. I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed having these all ready to go. It just makes all the difference in the world. I have a few Art Bins containers full of stamps. So I did some rearranging to put all my MFT in their own Art Bins containers today. I had started out doing this with the MFT, but then I just started adding them to the others as I ordered. So those are all tucked away in their places and I don't have to "search" for them. I also intend to do this with the Lawn Fawn stamps I have. And then we'll see from there what I do, lol. 

Part of the motivation is having to share this space with my husband who has been working from home. I can't just start something and then leave it til I can get back to it. I have to have it all clear by Monday morning. I shouldn't say, "have to", but you know, it's what you do when you are sharing spaces. 

So anyway, while I reorganizing the MFT stamps, I got a chance to look at the old retired stamps that I still love. And it makes it easy right now to remember what I have in there that may go with the new. hence, pulling out and using retired stamps. Which I consider a win. 

I hope you all have had a crafty day. 

Stay well and be safe, 

Holly 



4 comments:

Danni said...

Super cute card!! Reorganizing is sometimes fun when you discover things again.

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Holly! Love the little polka dot car.

Claire (Mrs H) said...

I was sure I had commented on this the other day. I can not have hit publish.

I love the little scale you have created with the road.it is such fun

Claire x

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the scene. Very cute
Claire