Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beach Babe

I made this for the All That Scraps Inspirational Challenge.  Love these colors!  I picked up their Sugar Plums Beach Kit that was released last month.  I love all the cute images and how the design team used them.  I had all these visions in my mind. lol.  Just not enough time.  But this is very similar to what I had envisioned. 


I have a question though.  Is this a one layer card?  I mean, even if I have three layers there.  The main panel is one layer.  I stamped, masked, stamped, masked and stamp and masked again.  Then I got out the trusty Airbrush which next to my Copic markers is my new favorite toy.  lol.  So easy and yet, such an impact, and I feel like I can achieve that look that I want much easier than when I was sponging.   Not that I will not sponge, but I love the airbrush for scenes.  I love experimenting with different colors.  But I digress, don't I? lol.   So anyway.  I did not want to add brads or punches, just wanted to leave well enough alone. 

 I air brushed with E50, E42, BG11, BG02.  I colored her bathing suit with RR85, R83, R81.  My starfish was colored with YR16, YR15, YR14.  Hair E37, E35, E33, E31, E30 (a color combination Delphine uses that I love), My umbrella is colored with YG25, YG23, YG21, and the pole is colored with E27, E25, E23.  I dabbed on some additional E42 to the pebbles.  My Cloud template came from Bev Rochester's Blog.  I used PTI White, SU Poppy, PTI flecked cream (I'm not sure what they call it, lol.) 

Anyway, thanks so much for visiting.  Please let me know what you think.  If you think it is considered a one layer card, if you would have continued to add something.  I love your feedback.

Thanks Again,

Holly

5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

morning sweetie, I love the colour you have used on this fabulous creation, big hugs love Pops x x x

Beate said...

Lovely coloring, background and card.
Hugs and smiles

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Holly! This is so cute! I love the airbrushed effect. And this is such a cute image, too!

Pam Sparks said...

so adorable Holly! YES! I would call it a one layer card! So fun you played a long with the inspirational photo challenge! Awesome take on it!

Shelby said...

Beautiful work with the airbrush...you've blended seamlessly. Wonderful overall card as well

Shelby