Tuesday, September 1, 2020

We're All in the Same Boat

Stamps - Penny Black - Friendship
Dies - Gina Marie, MFT, Lawn Fawn

Hi Friends,

I have been seeing this image for a while in cards and finally picked up this stamp. I just love it. The last card I saw using this stamp was from Deb Valder. Here is her cute version:

You've got a friend is one of the stamps in our Teaspoon of Fun Shoppe.

I just love how she used the cloud die cuts upside down. I thought about that too but I had these Lawn Fawn dies that I had never used. Honestly, they are pop up dies (because I saw someone elses card used with them and I had to have them, lol.) but I was determined to make them work, lol. I do like them. I have so many cloud stencils now, you would think I would use them, lol. I decided to use these MFT cloud dies that I had never used. They have a lining to them and I thought about a silver lining but it just didn't work out for this card.

I feel like these dogs are saying, "We're all in the same boat". And we are. As divided as our country is right now in an election year, we are truly all part of a great nation, we share in our stories about the great Covid pandemic, and we strive to protect what is ours and eachother. Right now they are all peacefully making their way towards their detination but if you throw a bone in there, it will rock the boat for sure. That's just how I see life right now.

I have been super busy making cards and doing some contining education. I am a certified nurse, so that means even more eduction above and beyond my normal continuing eduction. But I do enjoy learning new concepts and refreshing my memory on others. It comes with the teritory.  I figured this is a good time to get this stuff done because when the vaccine comes out and we are free to live our lives, I don't plan on staying home a lot, lol.

I hope you are staying well and safe!

Holly

1 comment:

Claire said...

Oh that image is just adorable. Love the card
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner