Friday, November 18, 2022

I like cute cups!

 




Hi Friends,

It's the last day of the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop and I made a card for each day!!! yeah!!! I never realized how much I used my shoulders to craft until I couldn't use my right one. Especially with coloring.  Thankfully there are cute die cuts to the rescue.  I picked up this cute stitched cup Lawn Fawn die from Doodlebugswa.  I see they are sold out right now, but you can always click the out of stock and click on the "notify me" for when they are back in stock.  I paired it with some very old Washi tape from the now out of buisness Sweet Stamp Shop.  This sketch was begging for washi and I was looking for easy, so it worked well.  I rarely use washi tape, but when it was all the rage, I seemed to have acquired quite a bit of it, lol. 

I like cute cups and I wanted to include some cups I have picked up from DL. ART.  They are great quality and the art is on both sides of the cup, something that makes my coffee drinking experience very pleasant.  I am also acquiring quite a bit of her Crinkle Ribbon, which is very nicely dyed.  

I'm not pleased with the way any of my cards came out this hop, but I am blessed to have a very forgiving group of people who understand that sometimes, it's the best I can do under the circumstances and I love playing along and hopping around to see what everyone else made. Thank you Amy for hosting another successful hop! 

I did a thing this year, actually the last year and half. I joined Noom weight loss and have taken off 107 lbs so far.  For the past six months I have been up and down 5 lbs, but the rest will come off when my body is ready to release more.  But if this is as good as it gets, I'm truely thankful and blessed. The one thing that Noom said that got me join is, "No food/drink is off the table."  I feel like every diet I've ever been on, coffee or half n half was not allowed.  We all know that does not work, at least long term.  But Coffee and half n half are on the menu, every day and for the first time in forever, I feel like I might be able to sustain this weight loss. I just wanted to mention this because you are all my friends and if someone is looking for a weight loss program and doesn't want to give up their coffee, this might be for you too.  I'll leave you with a before and after picture.  The before is May 2021 when I first started. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Holly 






12 comments:

Tee said...

Super cute coffee card! And I enjoyed reading your post today! Inspirational.

Celeste Goff said...

what a sweet card and that layout is awesome!

DIANA L. said...

Congratulations on your success. I am so happy for you what a blessing.

I sure liked seeing your post and for the shout out, Funny thing I have that washi tape that is on your card today. The vertical strip.

I got time today to comment on some of the posts so I was happy to see you are enjoying the cups.
Thanks for the inspiration. Hope your shoulder feels better soon

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your coffee and sugar die are just adorable, I love your card and what you did with the washi tape. A really lovely card. As for your weight loss, WELL DONE you. I lost 56ib a couple of years ago, need to lose more, but my age and body are against it. BUT you did so well AND look amazing for the loss.
Faith x

Lisa said...

This is adorable!

Salnclts said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog about my mouse card. I love your title and card!

Kim S said...

I am in awe of your story - congratulations - your hard work is definitely paying off! And you got to keep your coffee which explains the card and all of the coffee mugs!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jennifrann said...

Oh my gosh! That coffee cup with that smiling face is just the cutest! Thanks for sharing your weight loss story. I love that you've been able to find what works for you! I found recently that intermittent fasting worked for me, but then I got out of the habit and can't get myself back!

Dandi93 said...

Definitely a cute cup and card Holly. Well done on your journey

Amy O said...

This little cup is adorable, and your card makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

First, huge congratulations on your weight loss journey! Second, I'm in love with this adorable anime style coffee cup! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Hetty said...

Wow, Holly!! You did wonderful on the weight loss. i am jealous!
You can be so proud!!
And the card is totally adorable.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.