Saturday, September 25, 2010

Renaissance Hearts and a little help from my friends


Oh I am so happy today! All three tests are done, all three are passed and behind me, and I am once again free to make what I love. Well, Joe and Jeep let me have enough time to make this, lol. They have both been so wonderful about putting life on hold for studying and Joe has encouraged me both with the studying and the card making so much. I just really appriciate him so much.


I saw this blog and loved the way she patterns her spellbinders together. I had to borrow my friends Decorative corners, but my on-line friend Vicki has me hooked up to get some of my own. My on line friend Jodi R sent me this beautiful paper and I have been hoarding it along with the rest of my things, lol.


I inked up S.U.'s vintage vogue in PTI's Fresh Snow and loved the suble background pattern that created. And then I messed around with the Renaissance Hearts, Blossoms, Circles, and decorative corners Spellbinders dies, added some pearls and voila, a mental picture has come to life.


I do need to figure out the right "sandwhich" to get my spellbinders to emboss a little better in my big shot. I like the suble embossing on some things, but I really wanted those corners to go to town on the embossing. I think next time I'll try more cardstock in the sandwhich or use thicker cardstock.


Now when the blogger God's will let me upload my picture (always seems to be a problem before midnight, lol) I'll post this and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Holly, this is stunning. Wow. I love everything about it. And I know what you mean about needing the embossing to go a little deeper in the Big Shot; if you find a great way, let me know too!