Sunday, March 20, 2011

Berries and Cherries




How come every time I go to take pictures of my cards, it's dark and rainy? lol. Oh well, at least I can share them with you. My dear Sister bought me this taylored expressions stamp set and the "ingredients" that T.E. sells to go with the stamps. Okay, she bought them for me a year and a half ago and I dearly love and treasure them and the kit. So I was waiting til I got good enough to use them. lol. That day will never come and that has been a good lesson to me these past few months. Use it anyway! Do it anyway. Because there is always going to be seriously cute stamps and paper. Oh, but I do love this combination of colors and papers and ribbon....oh my. I also really cannot say enough about the quality of T.E. stamps, wow, what a great surprise that was. So now T.E. is a member company of SplitCoastStampers and they are having a challenge. Well a win = free stamps and who doesn't love to win? I do! In fact, I was just emailing a favorite blogger of mine back and forth about how great it is to win. Even if it's a small thing, because then you feel compelled to order more (it's a great excuse isn't it?) and then you end up getting all that really great stuff you've been holding out on. lol.
I do remember a year and half ago, seeing these beautiful cards and I so wanted to make them, so I did!
I used prisma colored pencils and gamsol to color. Something my friend Jodi taught me all about over the Internet waves. While I am still working on how to get the best effects and lighting, I do love how well everything blends together. Everything else, except the circle and scallop nesties, were included in the kit. I love matchy matchy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very cute cards. love the images. great coloring! dsp fabulous!