Sunday, March 20, 2011

QFTD43, Sweet Thing


I love paper piercing little girl images! I am so far behind the Queen for the Day challenges, that I wonder if I'll ever get caught up. Come on Lotto! This one is for Judi Rose (joviajudi) who has the most amazing gallery on Splitcoast and has been so willing to message me back with my pesky questions. lol. I picked her pure innocents card here. Isn't it the cutest thing!
I just picked up a new Penny Black stamp called "sweet thing" and she is very cute and easy to color match with paper. My paper is My Minds Eye, Stella and Rose, Mabel papers. I used my 6X6 paper pad. And a whole lotta Copics (well a lot more than I have ever used, lol) E00, E21, E93, BG 10, R17, Y11, YR07, E95, E11, E25, E33, E31, YR 82, E95, R24. I also used Tim Holtz shabby shutters for the greenery and my go-to stamp set for any scenery is Kitties Kits - "cause a scene." I sponged around the top with Memento Cantaloupe and tangelo. I used a clear spica pen on the wings so they shimmer when you move the card. Come on, wings must be shimmery, lol. I cut out the image with my big scalloped oval Nestie from Spellbinders and finished off the card with sheer ribbon (it is my thing tonight) and Bling. I used my Bow Easy for the bow. Oh and I inked her up in Memento Tuxedo Black and used PTI Aqua Mist paper.
On a side note, did anyone forget to Spring forward last week? I did. I not only slept in and awoke in a panick, you can image the hustle I was in once I figured out that no, actually, I am more than an hour late now. lol. And yes, I was working. Luckily, my co-worker expects this out of me and yes, I did stay longer to make up the time. It felt like a normal day, lol. But it has been difficult to make the transition in time. I do like the daylight savings time much better than standard, I just wished we could stay on it all year. lol.
Happy Napping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love girl stamps, i love cupcake stamps, love copics, LOVE THIS CARD!The DSP is amazing too. You did awesome!