Thursday, January 24, 2013
Dressing up in the Hollyhocks
Yee Haw it's Friday! Happy Holly Day!!!
What are your weekend plans? I'm going to have to break down and clean this house, lol. I spent all day Monday working on this card and I have let the place go as much as I possibly can, lol. Time for dishes, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, doing some laundry, vacuuming and sweeping. And then I'll make more cards! Yeah. lol.
This is Dress Up Marci and Hollyhocks by LaLaLand Crafts, if you would like to buy these stamps, make sure you send Laura a quick email and let her know, so she can order these right up for you. There are still plenty of other adorable La La Land images in the store and do you see the Flourishes leaves peaking out? How about that Filagree Corner? Or the roses? Yep, all available in the store now!!! I love that!!!
I stamped the Dress up Marci in Memento Black Ink and then stamped her again on scratch paper, fussy cut her out of the scratch paper and used temporary adhesive to cover the original image. The I stamped the Hollyhocks on either side of her. Then using my airbrush, I airbrushed G24 on the bottom, YG03 in the middle and B21 on the top. I airbrushed right over the hollyhocks - I could not image fussy cutting those, lol. I knew I was going to use BV's to color them anyway, so it was fine to airbrush over them. Then I removed the temporary scratch paper Marci and colored her up.
Skin: E21, E00, E000, E0000, E93
Hair: E23, YR24, YR 21
Dress: RV95, RV93, RV91
Hat/Shoes: R85, R83, R81
Flower on the hat and neclace: Y17, Y15, Y13
Hollyhocks: BV08, BV04, BV02, Y17
Leaves: G24 and YG03
I don't mind confessing that it took me a couple hours to color this up. But it was really rewarding. I had my Itunes playing on my computer and I was in the zen just coloring and singing, lol. Very relaxing day.
I used two colors of pink from SU and PTI, some pattern paper from a KC and Co from my stash (yippee) and a wilson doily I kept cramming back in my drawer, lol. I cut the doily in half and placed two die cut flourishes leaves over that. I cut those from the same pattern paper. I die-cut the roses out of the same pattern paper - opposite side and rolled those and placed a pearl I colored with my R85 in the centers. I snipped off some of the flourish leaves that were going to be covered anyway and glued them down with the best glue ever! I cut the filagree corner die from the same pink paper I framed the images with and added a peice of pink and white twine to stay with the sketch. I colored some more pearls with R85 and placed them in the corners and one on the hat flower. And that's all, on a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 card.
Now remember, if you have have not had a chance to play in our Challenge this week, we have a whole website that can be your inspiration....so basically it's an anything goes with a twist!
I will be catching up on some commenting this weekend as well, I am so far behind! So Sorry, it's not that I don't love you.... it's that it's been a hectic week at work and a cub scout meeting here at the house, and getting ready for the cubscout camping trip...that I am sending my guys out on....which is why I will have an extra few minutes to comment, lol.
Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments.