Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dressing up in the Hollyhocks







Yee Haw it's Friday!  Happy Holly Day!!! 

What are your weekend plans?  I'm going to have to break down and clean this house, lol.  I spent all day Monday working on this card and I have let the place go as much as I possibly can, lol.  Time for dishes, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, doing some laundry, vacuuming and sweeping.  And then I'll make more cards!  Yeah. lol. 

This is Dress Up Marci and Hollyhocks by LaLaLand Crafts, if you would like to buy these stamps, make sure you send Laura a quick email and let her know, so she can order these right up for you.  There are still plenty of other adorable La La Land images in the store and do you see the Flourishes leaves peaking out?  How about that Filagree Corner?  Or the roses?  Yep, all available in the store now!!!  I love that!!!

I stamped the Dress up Marci in Memento Black Ink and then stamped her again on scratch paper, fussy cut her out of the scratch paper and used temporary adhesive to cover the original image.  The I stamped the Hollyhocks on either side of her.  Then using my airbrush, I airbrushed G24 on the bottom, YG03 in the middle and B21 on the top.  I airbrushed right over the hollyhocks - I could not image fussy cutting those, lol.  I knew I was going to use BV's to color them anyway, so it was fine to airbrush over them.  Then I removed the temporary scratch paper Marci and colored her up. 
Skin: E21, E00, E000, E0000, E93
Hair: E23, YR24, YR 21
Dress: RV95, RV93, RV91
Hat/Shoes: R85, R83, R81
Flower on the hat and neclace: Y17, Y15, Y13
Hollyhocks: BV08, BV04, BV02, Y17
Leaves: G24 and YG03

I don't mind confessing that it took me a couple hours to color this up.  But it was really rewarding.  I had my Itunes playing on my computer and I was in the zen just coloring and singing, lol.  Very relaxing day. 

I used two colors of pink from SU and PTI, some pattern paper from a KC and Co from my stash (yippee) and a wilson doily I kept cramming back in my drawer, lol.  I cut the doily in half and placed two die cut flourishes leaves over that.  I cut those from the same pattern paper.  I die-cut the roses out of the same pattern paper - opposite side and rolled those and placed a pearl I colored with my R85 in the centers.  I snipped off some of the flourish leaves that were going to be covered anyway and glued them down with the best glue ever!  I cut the filagree corner die from the same pink paper I framed the images with and added a peice of pink and white twine to stay with the sketch.  I colored some more pearls with R85 and placed them in the corners and one on the hat flower.  And that's all, on a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 card. 

Now remember, if you have have not had a chance to play in our Challenge this week, we have a whole website that can be your inspiration....so basically it's an anything goes with a twist!

I will be catching up on some commenting this weekend as well, I am so far behind!  So Sorry, it's not that I don't love you.... it's that it's been a hectic week at work and a cub scout meeting here at the house, and getting ready for the cubscout camping trip...that I am sending my guys out on....which is why I will have an extra few minutes to comment, lol.

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments.

Holly

16 comments:

Annie Rose said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! So colorful and detailed. I love it! :)

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Sue said...

WOW!! This is so beautiful Holly. The image is so pretty and your colouring looks amazing.
Hugs Sue

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous!! Your colouring is amazing!!!! Happy Friday!!

Mary J said...

So gorgeous, Holly - the details are fab!

Leslie Miller said...

I saw your post title and wondered what this would be. Goodness, I didn't expect it to be so darn cute! It does look like it would take a while to color, but so worth it. I love to color! Thanks for such a darling card, Holly!

Tress said...

Gosh this is amazing! The amount of time and effort you put into the card really shows! Truly a work of art!

Laura Love said...

Wow Holly! This is GORGEOUS! Your main image scene is stunning! I can imagine the time that it took to color this up - but you did AMAZING! Love all the different dies too! Beautiful job! And I hear ya on cleaning! I need to desperately do all that yucky stuff too! LOL!

Ann Schach said...

Holly, you are so talented! You have a knack for combining just the right designer papers. Plus your coloring is always perfect! Such an adorable card!

CASTOWNE said...

No wonder you had to let some menial chores go by the wayside...you had to concentrate on coloring this GORGEOUS image...so much coloring, but SO worth the effort.

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Holly! Love your pretty Diva! The fancy corner embellishment adds such a touch of elegance!

Unknown said...

Wow Holly this is so beautiful, I love the bright colours on this card. Wishing you a lovely Sunday xx

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is gorgeous! Love how dressed up and pretty she is! :)

wannabcre8tive said...

This little gal makes me smile. She is so cute and you have colored her beautifully.

Shelby said...

Love the scene you've created and your coloring looks amazing.

Shelby

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sounds like you have been busy, Holly! I adore hollyhocks, and with your name, I am betting you do too. This image is beautifully colored. :)

Marcy said...

So cute! I love how you incorporated the background. I have this image but haven't used it yet. Can't wait to use it soon after seeing this! :)