Monday, December 2, 2013

Gotta Tree?

Hi Friends and Stampers,

Wow, hard to believe it's time for a new Challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps.  Time is really flying by now!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  We had such a relaxing and lazy one, I almost hate to admit it, lol.  I made a card.  I watched a lot of football.  Joe cooked the Turkey and most of the dinner.  All I did was serve pie and make the gravy.  I'm spoiled right?  I know.  I just love him for making my holly-days so much better.  Now don't worry about Joe, I allow a lot of gaming time and when it was crunch time on Saturday, I was out there with him working away, lol.  But we had a great dinner and much to be thankful for this year. 

Okay, onto Christmas!  Who's done shopping and decorated?  I really have not started either.  So we will have a busy month ahead of us, lol.  First we need to get a tree.

 
 
Isn't she the cutest little thing? She is all ready for decorating that tree.  I did make a few Christmas cards and I hope to get making the bulk of them this next week, when I get off work, after dinner, after study time and before bedtime, lol.  We shall see.  But our current Challenge - Anything Goes, is sure to help you along with your card making this winter. 
 
I was on facebook a lot this last weekend.  Wow, I cannot believe the stamp companies closing!  Makes me so sad.  Our LSS has closed and the one over the hill on the way to L.A. has also closed.  Is this a sign of things to come?  Do you think people are losing interest in stamping?  I think we need to find some new addicts, lol.   I want to keep it alive and well so our store can stay open as well as my hobby replenished.  So invite new friends and show them what they can do!
 
Speaking of inviting new friends.  We have posted a DESIGN TEAM CALL for our next term which will be from January 1st - April 30th. You can see all the details in this blog post! We hope you will apply - you don't have to have any experience in design team work, so if you have never been on a team before don't let that stop you from trying :)
 
I hope to see your fabulous creations!
 
Holly
 
I am submitting to this weeks MFT sketch:


 
 

17 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Holly, I love the sweet image and beautiful papers.
Sue xx

Tracey said...

Ooooh, I am loving this gorgeous card Holly!! The bright colours are fabulous and your colouring is always beautifuL!!

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card Holly!! Love the colors and your take on the sketch! HUGS :)

Unknown said...

Such an adorable card Holly! You really nailed the MFT sketch! hugs, Laura

Bridie said...

Brilliant card, really well designed and coloured

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a lovely day!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG she is the cutest!!! I really LOVE your card!!! I had a fabulous Thanksgiving Break. 4 days off and I only made 1 card. I am also waiting on a copic refill though for 1. But gave me a break to enjoy my days off with my family. I had it easy on Thanksgiving too. I have a sister in law that does ALL the cooking every year. Makes it wasy more enjoyable for me. lol Have a wonderful week doll!
hugs, Heidi

jonim52 said...

Holly, this card is adorable, papers are perfect, so is the paper piecing. Love it.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very pretty, I love the paper piecing and the dp's were a perfect pick.

yyam said...

Awww....this is adorable!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Holly! Love the way you colored the sweet image! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So ADORABLE!!! LOVE your card and coloring!!!!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable! X

Dangina Martinez said...

Holly, I love your vibrant colors. It really made your image pop and the dp is to cute. Love it.

Marcy said...

This is so adorable Holly! I love the paper piecing on her dress and the bright festive colors. Awesome job with your take on the sketch too!

Melody said...

Sweet, sweet card Holly! I love all the paper piecing.

PaperDaisies said...

Love the card design Holly. The papers are sooooo gorgeous. You have coloured the sweet image beautifully. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

Athina said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the paper piecing on her dress! Just adorable!