Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Resolution

Hi Friends and Stampers,

Happy New Year!  I hope 2014 is just as exciting as 2013 was for me craft wise.  I do have some Good News, I have been invited to stay on the Loves Rubberstamps Design Team and remain the DT Coordinator!  Whoo Hoo! 


I never take advantage of the fact that I am invited back each Design Team Term.  I absolutely love Designing for Laura and the Loves Rubberstamps Store.  And I could not be more thrilled with our Design Team Members.  Here is our January thru April line-up:


Loves Rubberstamps Design Team

 
Be sure to stop by their blogs and see what wonderful inspiration they have lined up for you.  They are all a collection of wonderful designers and I am inspired all the time by their amazing talents.
 
Laura tells me she is going to add New Items like crazy this next month, so keep an eye on the New Items link on the store website.
 
This week we are asking you to make a card, scrap page or a project that reflects your New Years Resolution!   And here is mine:
 

 
Yes, this year I am going to avoid things that make me fat..... like scales, mirrors, and photographs, lol.  I love these new Creative Vision Stamps and plan on using a lot of them this year...okay, all of them, lol. 
 
Paper piecing the bed and shirt was a bit tricky, lol.  First I had to stamp the image on the bedspread paper, cut that out, then stamp on the polka dot paper and then stamp on white twice.  And then color the jeans and feet, color the other white image and then fussy cut and stack them up.  I do like to color the underneath - at least around the edges in case things don't align up just right.  For ground texture, I put blender solution in a S.U. aqua-pen and went around the edges and stroked outward.  I colored on clear plastic and picked that up with the aqua-pen and went to the edge of the image (bed), the color picked up darker in some spots and then fanned out in the wet blender solution and I kept working with it a little til I thought I had good shag carpet, lol. I also colored the bedspread designer paper in C00 where the creases are drawn in, just to add some dimension.  All of these things and more I have learned from fellow bloggers over time, so I can't exactly remember all the details and where I found them, lol.  
 
I can't wait to see your projects uploaded to the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog!
 
Holly
 
I am using the Friday Sketch Challenge

8 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Love your card Holly. Great job with the paper piecing. Wishing you and your family all the best in 2014. Hugs Nina

*Vicki* said...

Congrats on making another term for your DT spot! Very well deserved! Love your resolution card here!! Such a fun image!! :) Wishing you all the best for a fabulous New Year in 2014 my friend! HUGS :)

Marcy said...

This card is awesome! I love the sentiment which just makes me smile! Beautiful coloring and layout too. wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014!

Rachael said...

I love your card - the paper piecing is great - and the colours are really cheery! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch challenge!
Rachael
x

Dangina Martinez said...

She is too funny! Love your image, dp and sentiment. Your paper piecing is on hit!
Hugs, Dangina

Athina said...

Great job with the paper piecing! She is just too funny! I love the colors and design. Perfect card! Happy New Years!

Benzi said...

Fun image and a card we can all relate to at this time of year.

Congrats on your renewed DT position.

Hope your 2014 is full of wonderful and happy things.

Laura Love said...

This is seriously one of my super favorites! Your paper piecing is amazing and wow! What a process to get that done - LOL! It looks amazing though! I think we share the same resolutions :) I so love having you as my Design Team Coordinator and like I have told you...you and I will become Maxine's together because I am keeping you around as long as you will stay! I am so excited for this term - such a mega talented line up - it will be a rocking term! Happy New Year Holly!