Sunday, November 10, 2019

Happy Birthday Joe

Hi,

I made a Birthday Card for my husband. Thank God for Pinterest, where I found a few of these ideas. The paper is from Michael's Recollections Christmas Plaids 6X6 pad. This is similar to a shirt my husband owns. The buttons were from my stash. We got him an Xbox gift card, but it's almost as big as the card, so I made him a smaller one for the pocket. The gift cards look better when they are tucked under the collar, but I had glued it at the wrong angle, had to correct it really quick and so the whole thing is glued down, lol.

The card size is A2. I took a 2X4 piece of designer paper and laid it over the top until it looked like a collar size to me, I used my pencil to mark the spot and cut it. Then I laid that collar over the darker card stock with the edges just slightly over and glued it down, then cut it from there. No fancy measuring for me, lol.  The pocket was made cutting a 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 card stock, and then a slightly smaller version with the designer paper. I found the center and placed a pencil mark. I then cut at a slight angle to make the bottom of the pocket and adjusted slightly to make the designer paper for the top. I punched a circle in green and a circle in white. After three tries trying to make that special little X out of the white, I decided this was good enough, lol. Hey, it's a hand made card.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your wonderful comments.

Holly

3 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very cute! I love the shirt idea with the gift card. I got the 12x12 of this paper pad because my store didn’t have the small pad yet. I figured I would make a bunch of Christmas cards with it and then have lots leftover.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. I like the gift card in the pocket and I bet Joe loved it, too.

*Vicki* said...

This is such a cute and personal card design! I love how you've made it tailored for your hubby with the Xbox gift card inside the pocket! Such a great idea! :) TFS!