Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I see seam binding, it's everywhere


Have you seen this seam binding ribbon everywhere lately? Me too! I love it and instead of buying all kinds of colors, I decided to set out to make my own. With some help from my SCS friends and my local "go to guru", I was able to make my own wrinkle ribbon. Here is a picture of what I used.


One non-stick craft sheet, (compliments of my local guru.) "hug snug" seam binding, recommended by this wonderful gal who took the time to send me a personal message and let me know the brand and where to get it (ebay aka e-crack lol.) I used baja breeze reinker and yes, Aussie sprunch spray was on sale (there is cheaper liquid hairspray out there, but I like the smell) and one mini mister.


I simply put 5-6 drops of reinker in my mister, poured in the hair spray and shook it good. cut my seam binding ribbon, rinsed it with water, scrunched it up to ring it out and layed it on the craft sheet and sprayed away. I would add more drops for a darker color, less for lighter. And then I let it dry. I do lift up the ribbon and wipe away excess ink and if I move it around a bit while it's drying, I feel like it's drying faster, lol. Not all the binding is colored, some area's are still "off white." I imagine if I did not rinse it with water it would not wrinkle so much, lol. But where is the fun in that? I added a pic of my score tape because it loves this seam binding and that is what I used to adhere to my card. Works well!!!


I would love to hear more tips on how you make your own seam binding ribbon or wrinkle ribbon, please share!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

I think your ribbon turned out great!! :)