Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sympathy


Sympathy cards are the most difficult to make. At least that is how I feel. They can't be too bright and sunny, there is no celebration. It can't be too dark and dreary. Can't be too cute, can't be funny. I suppose it could be all of those things, but it doesn't seem appropriate all the time to everyone. So when I see one done that I like, I have to KopyKat, just gotta do it. lol.


I found this card on SCS. Loved it! I was so bummed to know the designer paper was retired from SU and that I would have to find an equal substitution. But guess what? As I was sorting through some hoarded paper, guess what I found? Yes! Urban Gardens! And lots of it. lol. It pays to go through my paper once in a while just to get the inventory back into my frontal lobes, lol.


dsp: urban gardens (sadly retired)

paper: night of navy, white

ink: baja breeze, kiwi kiss

stamps: Inspired by nature, Thoughts and Prayers

ribbon: seam binding, see previous post.

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love that card! In fact, I think the SU order I have coming right now has that bird die and I already have the stamp. Beautiful! I'm so glad your blog address was in your email!