Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Favorite Things Floral Fantacy Challenge Card


Oh the hour is late, lol, I had to stay up and make this card though, you know the priorities of a stamper. I came across a card on Splitcoaststampers (SCS) and read about the My Favorite things challenge this week. Floral Fantacy, just add flowers to any of their images. Well, the first thing I thought of were these chiffon flowers I just love making now. The tutorial can be seen on pricillasyles blog. They are super easy to make. I used the polyester cream colored chiffon and placed the pieces directly over the ink pad and sponged on top of that to color the chiffon. I left some of the cream color showing. I also added some diamonds glimmer mist for a bit of soft sparkle here and there. I do not use a lighter as this gets hot, especially with the small pieces, I just light a candle and work with it from there.


I just got this cute little gal last month when she was released, just could not wait to get my hands on her. She reminds me so much of my daughter when she was younger and so it's fun to be able to dress her up all over again. The set is called, "are we there yet."


I used my copic markers on her skin and glasses, I have a limited supply of these so I can't get too crazy with the coloring. I watercolored in the rest and paper pierced her little shirt. The designer paper is "love letter" from SU. LOVE this paper and am so glad I bought the whole package. And I am proud that I did not hoard this away, I actually just got it now long ago and opened it....whooo hooooo, getting better. Oh and I ran the ribbon through the ink pad to make it black and matchy.


Hope you like it and have a very crafty day.

2 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my gosh Holly, can you imagine my surprise when I got here and see your used Priscilla's tutorial!! I should have known!!!lol These flowers are gorgeous and I like your idea of the candle for the edges...you are so clever. Thanks for sharing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol (Gingerbeary9 at SCS)

LeroyLime said...

LOVE the flowers on your card, very pretty! Good luck on the challenge!! :)