Saturday, August 28, 2010

Queen For The Day #24


Over on SCS, Anne Ryan has this challenge once a week (of course I am always late) called Queen For The Day (QFTD). Peggy-Sue is the Queen this week and while I had intended to make a card this weekend, I did not intend to stay up til midnight last night making it. lol. I couldn't help myself! This is Peggy-Sue's card I chose to honor. I absolutely love these pure innocence collection gals.


I changed my card just a wee bit. I added Kitties Kits master for some greenery (One of my all time favorite stamp sets). I used a different spellbinders nesties die ( for the cut out shape) and paper pierced the dress with sending love specialty dsp. I used copic markers for the skin and then watercolored and stamped the rest: chocolate chip, pretty in pink, real red, certainly celery. added some ribbon and a bow (used my bow easy), and a brad on top. Oh and I used tiny dots embossing folder on the background paper.


DISCUSSION:

The brad. I really did try to pry a hole in the ribbon to stick the brad in last night. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep driving away my common sense or if it was because this was my first time placing a brad on top of ribbon. lol. Has this ever happened to you? What is your method for adding a brad on top of the bow? Thank God common sense did finally kick in and I was like, "oh, duh!" So I grabbed my Tim Holtz red top scissors and cut the prongs off the brad, and used score tape (super sticky tape) to adhere it to the top.....right where I pried the hole. lol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

punch hole in ribbon with 1/16" punch then put brad through it??? the card is adorable. !

jen said...

I LOVE this image- I'm embarrased to tell you how long I had it before I put it to use a couple of weeks ago...! Your card is too sweet!