Wednesday, May 23, 2012

United States Postal Service at it's finest



I came home from work yesterday to find this in my mail box.  USPS plastic bag that says, "We care."  Should I send this in to Jay Leno?  It's a mangled package with a package receipt.  You can still see on the receipt, (bad photo) that the total cost was $8.50.  There was the packaging and the sales slip, but no die!  What happened to my die?  If they really cared they would have included the $8.50 in the package don't you think?

Wow, I think things have gone from bad to worse with our Postal system and no one seems to really care.  Plastic baggy or not, my mail that used to take three days to deliver, now takes up to a week and sometimes longer.  I ordered this die last month.  Which means it took them a whole month to let me know they destroyed my package but no, they don't really care enough to cover the cost of their own damage. 

I'm sending my dear Husband down to the Post Office to chew on someones ear for a while.  It will make us both feel better, lol. 

I think what bothers me the most is that all kinds of on-line retailers are starting to use alternate shipping methods to avoid the long delays and I am finding that it still takes just as long, if not longer, and the cost of shipping is getting higher and higher with all these changes.  The USPS does not need to cut more jobs, reroute more mail and raise the price of stamps again.  They just need to get better at doing their job. 

Okay, climbing off my soapbox now. lol.  

Holly

Added - Amber from Chic and Savvy Crafters insisted on giving me a partial refund for this even though I swore when I reordered that this was no fault of hers.  Thank You Amber!  So sweet and it was not even her fault.  From what I could tell, there were no tears or loose tape on the package at all. 

3 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW!! Looks like this package has definitely been put through the paces! And here I thought Canada Post was bad......

Jodi Collins said...

WOW!!! That is something else...

Heather Rogers said...

Amen sister! LOL I am totally with you on that one. I would have been pissed to say the least. I hope you got it resolved.