Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shabby Chic


 
Hi Friends and Stampers!
 
Welcome to a NEW Challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog! This week we are asking you to show us your Shabby Chic or Vintage Designs.  The Design Team would like to Thank The Paper Shelter for providing us with fabulous images and they are sponsoring us this week, so it's double the prize!
 


 
 
You know at first I was a little freaked out about Shabby Chic.  I certainly love it and admire many designers who excel in this style, but I hadn't ventured out in that direction...yet.  I had to go to my "go-to" Shabby Chic expert's blog, Iralmaija, to get some inspiration, tips and ideas, lol.  Not that there are not many experts, but this was the one that was in my in-box at the time, lol.  And I do love her beautiful designs.    but I will confess, someone needed to tell me to step away from the Walnut Stain, lol.  You can not see the glimmer shimmer behind the gal, but the circle die-cut is shimmery.  So find some inspiration and go for it!  Join us! 
 
One of the many things I love about being a Designer for Loves Rubberstamps is that it pushes me to go further, try new things and of course, the Great Products and Sponsors.  We will be having a Design Team Call again in January and we are looking at All styles and All entrees equally.  So you do not have to be a well known Rock Star or do super intricate projects to qualify.  Just think about it for now and keep your eyes peeled for the DT call and of course, I will let you know here as well. In the meantime, check out what NEW ITEMS Laura has added to the store! 
 
I am using Karen's SSS this week:


 
 
Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments!
 
Holly
 

19 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

You have some nice shabby chic touches on here, Holly! Don't be afraid! LOL What a cute image, too.

Unknown said...

You nailed it Holly! I love her sassy pose too. And the walnut stain looks great!

Dangina Martinez said...

And you were worried... This is gorgeous! Love the sweet image and your fabulous papers. Love it!

Shanna Shands said...

Such an amazing job I love the different details you did with this card.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning creation Holly and beautiful coloring! HUGS :)

wannabcre8tive said...

A lovely card. I think you did a fab job on doing the Shabby chic style.

wannabcre8tive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yyam said...

Ooooooh....so pretty!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable! Love the sweet image and shabby chic design!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my, she's so cute and sassy looking! Darling card, Holly!

And you're such a sweetie... thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today! I'm having a bad day, but you made me smile!

Benzi said...

I don't do many shabby chic cards but I do find them fun. Good job...love the lace and pretty corners, as well as the image.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Holly! Love her pastel outfit and the fancy corner embellishments!

Marcy said...

Your card is fantastic! I love the soft colors you used and all of the layers. Those corners look great too. Beautiful job with this! :)

downrightcrafty said...

thank you for all your lovely comments and wow love the layers on this gorgeous card super colours great image and love the colouring
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love it, Holly! :)

Athina said...

Holly - You rocked this challenge! I love the light colors and the fun lace! Beautiful!

PaperDaisies said...

This is stunning Holly. Love the design. The colours are just fabulous. Love everything about it. Hugs Nina

Laura Love said...

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor...Holly this is GORGEOUS! You nailed the shabby chic!! I think you should try it more often - the colors, the details - everything is stunning! And IMHO you can never have TOO much Walnut Stain - LOL - I LOVE that stuff and sponge everything with it - :D My projects look naked without it I think - LOL!