Tuesday, November 26, 2013

So Thankful For You

Hi Friends and Stampers,

Welcome to a new Challenge over at the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog.  It is only fitting that our theme is a Thanksgiving Themed Card or a Thank You Card.  I would like to thank our sponsor this week, Saturated Canary, so providing the design team with such fabulous images.    Here is mine:

Saturated Canary - Cornelia
 
Now you will want to check out the Saturated Canary Stamps available at the Loves Rubberstamps on line Store.  Did you know that shipping is never more than $5.99 here in the states?  That's an amazing bonus!  If I start to order on line and discover that shipping is any more than $5.99, I usually cancel out the order.  I hate spending money on shipping, lol.  It's just one of those things I really dislike.  And if you spend more than $75.00 the shipping is free in the states!  I love Free Shipping best of all. 
 
So I obviously went with a Thanksgiving themed card.  I am half Native American Indian so I really love this image.  She reminds me of my Sister.  Who was lucky to have big blue eyes and dark hair.  I am especially impressed with her basket.  I have seen a lot of Native American baskets in the Pow Wow's and museums, so I really like that she thought about how ornate and decorative they made them.  The Indians used berries and other plants and fruits for pigment to color.  If they are watching us now, I know they are loving the Copic Markers!  lol.
 
This Thanksgiving is going to be quiet with just my immediate family and some much needed rest, football and family time.  I think this is a first for us, but this year I am thankful that it is just us.  What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  Whatever your plans, I hope it is a low stress day and that you have some to relax and just be with family.  I have been loving the "Today I am Thankful For...." posts of Facebook this month.  So much to be thankful for.  And I love seeing and reading what everyone else is thankful for. 
 
I just had an opportunity to go through my blog looking for certain posts.  Wow, I have made some cards and projects! lol.   I was really pleased to see that I  have settled into a certain card design.  It may not be the best, but it's mine.  My husband tells me he can pick out and spot my cards in a line up of a lot of cards.  He tells me I have a specific design style.  I love that!  I am Thankful for all the designers and bloggers out there that have helped me shape my design and how I view things.  I am also very grateful for the sketch makers because without a great sketch, I am at a real loss. And for my followers and my friends who comment, thank you so very much!  You are the reason I feel compelled to carry on when my mojo is low and your comments mean the world to me.  Thank You. 
 
Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments.
 
Holly
 
I am using a sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy
 
 

7 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Holly, such a pretty image and coloured so beautifully. I love the papers too.
Sue xx

Benzi said...

What an adorable image, Holly. I love her basket, too. Looks as if it is full of a Fall harvest. Gorgeous card!

Hope you have a wonderful, relaxed Thanksgiving.

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous coloring and image Holly!! I love the added corn stalk accent! HUGS :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Holly! Perfect image for the holiday! Love the die cut cornstalk!

Marcy said...

This is soooo adorable Holly! I love this cute indian gal and the cornstock die is a perfect touch! Beautiful coloring and design! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

PaperDaisies said...

What a gorgeous card Holly. Your corn die is just perfect. Love how you have coloured up that little indian girl. Beautiful. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs Nina

Athina said...

Awe Holly - I love this! The die cut is great with this image. Beatifully colored. It is great you have found your style - I love it!