Sunday, August 9, 2020

I Will Sit With You

Distress Inks
Make Up Brush
Gina K - White Pigment
Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White Emobssing Powder

Hi Friends,

I saw this Card by Ali Farmer on Instagrams Miss Ink Stamps and knew I had to make one. Mine is a tad bit different in the colors but it's definetly her card design. I have seen spotlight cards before but this is my first attempt at making one. I had to cut the word stamp in half....EEEK, I'll never get used to doing that, lol. So this is the second one I have cut. I just had to cut slowly and methodically. 

There are so many people who are hurting right now. Sometimes you cannot sugar coat the situation and many of us do not know what to do. Just letting that person know you will sit with them in the dark and support them, means the world to them. That is something we can do to help, just being there. I plan to make a few of these in case I need them. 

Mental health issues are just magnified when one is faced with too many changes not in their control- can be incredibly difficult 
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression.
NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Health has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

I've been watching videos on youtube trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with my blending. One person recommended using water and saturating your sponge.....oh. I also saw someone using blending brushes. I have purchased some cheap make up brushes just to give it a try and I did find it so much easier than using sponges. I might bite the bullet and get better brushes but in the mean time these cheap make up brushes (purchased at Walmart for like $6.00 for a set of four - Moda). So I put some ink down on my blending surface and added a little water to the side. I put the brush in the water and then in the ink and then mixed them up. I cut a cone and put some removable sticky on it and adhered it to the card front to make a mask. Jennie McGuirre recommended Koh-I-Noor Bristol Smooth and I did find some on Amazon. So this was my first time using it. Between the paper and adding water to the brush, my whole blending experience changed. Now I still need a lot of practice but I'm off to a better experience. I added black soot first, then a blue. I lifted the mask and added yellow and a darker green. Then I embossed the words and then stamped the chair. I water colored the chair with the black and blue ink I was using. 

Today I cleaned off my desk. Now I still have a stack up but it's so much less than it was and I think that inspired me to go ahead and get out a bigger project. Sometimes you just have to clean off the desk, lol. 

I hope you are well and happy, 

Holly 

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, your spotlight card is fabulous. I love it. You did a great job on it. A cute sentiment and the white embossing really makes it stand out. Thanks, for sharing.