Thursday, November 4, 2010

God's Beauty fall card


Yippee, Hurray! I finally found some time and creativity to make a card. I'm a week late on our Queen for the Day challenge card. I saw Broom's card here and went searching for my leaf stamps. Okay, I pulled all of them and tried to think about what I would do. Then I went looking through the galleries and saw this card. And kinda used the best of both worlds here. lol.
Work is sucking the life out of me. All my energy and creativity are drained. I am tapped out. At the end of the day, I have nothing left for anyone or anything. I just don't like to live that way. If it were the actual task at hand it would business as usual, but there is lots of added unnecessary stress. Things I have no control over. And so I find myself asking myself, "Is it time to make a change?" Does God have something else in mind for me at this point in life? And so I need to explore those options. And if you wouldn't mind helping me say a little prayer, that would be so appreciated.
For this card I used:
Stamps: God's Beauty - retired from SU, Teeny tiny wishes - current SU
Ink: Crushed Curry - retired SU "in color", soft suede - current
DSP: razzleberry lemonade - retired, Bermuda bay and crushed curry - retired
Other: Beautiful wings emboss lit and border punch -both SU and current. Bermuda bay ribbon - retired. Watercolor brush, sponges.
I hardly used any of the retired "in color" things when they were in and now I'm finding that I really like how they work together for fall, lol.

2 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Holly, I'm sorry you are feeling such a burden right now. I'll say a prayer for you. God will know what is best for you.

And your card is great, by the way! I like the simple design sketch. One I'll have to remember. :)

sandi maciver said...

Love your card, you did an awesome job.
Sorry to hear that work has you down, hopefully it will get better soon.