Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pure Innocence Christmas for the QFTD 34


This weeks Queen for the Day is Michelle, AKA Shellapoo. She makes cards for children and sends them to a children's hospital for children with cancer. Anne Ryan explained that Michelle has not been able to make a card since May due to her M.S. So the request is to make a card for a child and send it off to Michelle so she can forward some more cards on to the hospital. As you can image, this is right up my alley and something I want to make a priority to continue to do as often as I can. Michelle, I hope you are able to make cards soon!
This card of Shellapoo's reminded me of my little pure innocents stamps begging to be inked. I did not have her image but I decided I could substitute. It just so happened that the featured card on SCS was this one. Oh it called to me, so I used her lovely card design. Okay, I totally KopyKat'd her whole card, but I did use different paper, lol.
I think my card is smaller than the original. I made it 4X51/2. I used Riding Hood Red for the bases. I used Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses dsp. Nestie oval and scallop oval, as well as the tag. A corner rounder punch for the tops. I used a snowflake punch for the corner and layered with bakers twine (that I got from Really Reasonable Ribbon) and a button. Someone asked how I paper pierced these images. It's very easy, you just stamp the image on designer paper and then fussy cut outside of the black, apply glue and adhere to another stamped image. I color first though. I water colored the RHR on the snowman and scarf, mitten and boots. I used copics for her skin and the snowman. Last I used my glue pen and added some Stampin' Up's dazzling diamonds and oh the shimmer is so much better in real life!
I am so excited to be able to send this card to Michelle to forward to the hospital.

2 comments:

Danni said...

What a darling card!

Lesley Croghan said...

Thanks Holly for leaving me a comment on SCS!! This card is VERY sweet...I love that image!
Smiles,
Lesley