Thursday, November 4, 2010

Morning Cup


Oh yes, a morning without coffee ... is like sleep. Until someone wants something, looks at me, or starts talking, then a morning without coffee is like...Waking Vampira, lol.
I saw this card on some one's blog and then went in search for it on Splitcoast Stampers and found it! I absolutely loved her design. I added another layer and a punched border but really it was just too perfect to change. I think she might have used black brads, but they are a challenge for me to place in just the right spot, so I cheated and used pearls, lol.
Stamps: Morning Cup by SU - current (I love the new wood less stamps they sell, they are so much easier to use on an acrylic block.
DSP: Love letter - current. I love this paper and think I might hyperventilate if I run out, lol, good thing I can get more! I used Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla card stock.
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, and I used chocolate chip for sponging the edges.
Other: pearls, two punched borders, twine.
I stamped the cups and pot on riding hood red card stock and also on the designer paper and cut them out. After cutting out the pot I remembered I had recently purchased a Fiskar's fingertip control swivel knife. OMG, it cuts like buttah! Those little itty bitty holes in the cup handles were no problem and so I know I am going to be using this a lot. I stamped the coffee pot on the Very Vanilla card stock and then added the layers. The card size is 4X 51/2. I think the border reaches a little above the 4 inches though.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i have this set coming...FINALLY! great card, holly!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is, quite possibly, the cutest card I have seen with this set. Love the color combo and the darling hanging cups! I absolutely have to check out this Fiskars swivel knife you talked about. Any advice on the best place to buy one?