Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fabulous Dah-ling




Hi Everyone,

I picked up this adorable Kraftin Kimmie stamp called Lana over at Loves Rubberstamps recently.  There are a lot of new stamps available and Laura is adding to them all the time.  Love that I can get a variety of stamps in one place.  And paper!  And die-cuts!  Whoo Hoo. 

So poor Lana, I was more in a Liz Taylor frame of mind.  I was just thinking about the black hair and the violet eyes.  I used my Copic Markers to color and used BV01 and BV000 for her eyes, but in the photo they turned kinda grey, lol.  I also got a bit stickle happy here.  I rarely use stickles and I don't know why, I love sparkle and bling.  I also used some Rhinestones I had in my stash and colored those with my Copics, BV04.  I also just picked up some of this great MME Lavender.  I'm going to have to use this a few times, I love it, lol.  


This is the sketch I used.  I also used the out of the box technique, (her head with the oval Spellbinder Die), and framed with Spellbinders Labels 20.  I used my fishtail die-namic from MFT's.  This months Challenge over at Kraftin Kimmies is to use the out-of-the-box technique.  Which involves placing a die over the image for measuring, then finding the spot where you are going to go "out of the box" and cutting around that so that it's on the inside of the label.  There are better tutorials with pictures over on SplitCoastStampers.  But this is one of my favorite techniques.  lol. 

Thanks for Looking and for you kind Comments. 

Just a reminder, if you have not had a chance to play the challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog, there is still plenty of time. 

Holly

7 comments:

Laura Love said...

This is FAB-ULOUS DAH-LING! LOVE everything about this! The paper pieced dress, those fab colors and that classy, blingy, boa! Thank you so much for thinking of me to today and sharing this gorgeous Hollywood beauty :)

wendy said...

terrific card, what a fabulous image too!

Kim O'Connell said...

FABULOUS is right! That chick is stylin'! Thanks for joining us this week for the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

Kerry Johnson said...

Holly your card is fabulous!! Love the stickles and your piecing! So glad you played along with us at KKS!

Melanie said...

Love your Liz-inspired take on Lana..she looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps this week. :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I want a stole just like this one! Super sparkly. Super pretty! Hugs, Lesley

Shelby said...

She is one fabulous diva and beautiful out of the die work.

Shelby