Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School Days Theme Challenge


Hi Everyone,

Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!  Whooo Hooo.  I love new challenges and Laura puts up a great one each week.  Now I don't know how recently you have looked in the Loves Rubberstamps store, but Laura is constantly adding new companies and stamps.  So head on over and take a look at the store before you stop on over to check out the details of the challenge, on the challenge blog.

This weeks Challenge is, "School Days Theme."  That leaves a lot of room open to interpretation, so I really like the freedom.  I went through my stamps and had to narrow it down to my Greeting Farm Annika.  Isn't she cute?  If you don't see her in the store, be sure to send Laura an email and ask her when she can get this little cutie pie for you.  But if you are like me, you will see plenty of others calling your name, lol. 


I colored her with my copics, and drew in some lockers behind her.  I airbrushed the background and the flooring.  I cut her out using the out-of-the-box technique with my Spellbinder's Oval and then framed her with a Spellbinders Labels 11.  I used October Afternoon, Schoolhouse and Echo Park dots and stripes.  I added some MFT's photo corner die-namics and used the wonky scallop die-namic for the polka dot border.  I added some star brads from my stash and I was done. 
Copics used: Y11, Y17, Y18, Y19, Y21, YR23, N0, N3, N5, E31, E50, E0000, E000, E00, E21, E93, RV11, RV10, RV00. 

I used a sketch from MFT's sketch challenge last year: MFTWSC5.

I can't wait to see your creations with this Challenge!

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments

Holly

P.S.  Since I've designed this card and had this blog post already scheduled, I need to add really quickly that Laura has a added MFT's dies to the store as a preorder!!!!!  Whooo Hoooo.  And if you do not see a die that you want, just email her and see if she can get it for you.  How cool is that?!  As she gets more and more orders, she will add more and more dies to the store. 

3 comments:

WLCI Design School said...

Your blog is very informative. WLCI school of advertising and graphic designing offers programmes & courses for graduates and undergraduates students.

Institute for Design
Design Institute

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Image is so sweet and adorable, beautifully colored. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Laura Love said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the hand drawn lockers for your background and those cute papers! Your coloring is flawless as always :) LOVE IT!