Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sitting Pretty




Hi Friends and Family,

If you are family, you are wondering if I got a stamp made that looks like I did when I was little, lol.   Hair disheveled, dress all a mess and "Where are you shoes, Holly?"  I am not sure how many pairs of shoes I lost over my childhood, but I can tell you, quite a few.  My poor parents, I had to have the Buster Brown wide ones too, lol.  So expensive!  I would be thinking to myself, "I wonder if anyone will notice if I pop all these buttons off this chair?"  lol.  I was a mess.

This cute little Mimosa is called Mimosa bare feet.  I picked her up at Loves Rubberstamps Store and paper pierced her little dress, the chair (which will be in Laura's store soon-shhh it's a secret) and colored her with my copics.  I used October Afternoon Sidewalks, PTI blue, and SU brown.  I added some Elements Brads. 

I found this cute little sketch over at "Seems a little sketchy"  And I love that name, lol.  I did shorten the middle pattern though, it balanced the card a little better with my big images. 

A couple reminders.....

1. There is still plenty of time to play in Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week, AND there is a Guest Designer Team spot to win, read all about it at Loves Rubberstamps!

2.  Do you see that cute stamp set on my sidebar?  There is still time to enter, simply click on it and leave a comment and you will be in the drawing to win. 

Thanks for Looking and for you Kind Comments!!!

Holly


9 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

How fun you found an image that reflects you at some time in your life - that is the best kind!!!
This is seriously cute!! Love the image, the chair, your paper pieced dress and that sketch. I am going to have to check that sketch site out. Hugz!

Katie Skiff said...

This is so cute - I love the image!! Great job on the card!!

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable! And how fun that the image looks like you as a child! Too funny about your shoes! A barefoot child is a happy child. :) Your card is really cute and I love the papers you chose. Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy!
~Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

Laura said...

So adorable Holly, and I love the paper piecing! Thanks for the link to "Seems a Little Sketchy"... haven't heard of that one, and I love a good sketch challenge! :)

Shelby said...

Love the clean lines in this card and she is just the sweetest thing! Love the paper pieced chair.

Shelby

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is so adorable! I love the image and the paper-pieced chair. Awesome work, Holly!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Holly love the digi and papers used on this-how neat that the back of the chair is a heart! Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy-Hope you come back soon!
Carolyn DT

Unknown said...

You must have been the cutest kid on the planet because she is adorable!!! You did her justice with your talents, love it!

Karen B. said...

What an adorable little girl! Your coloring is fantastic!